2014 Heart of a Hero Scholarship Application Form
The Heart of a Hero Scholarship is a $5,000 scholarship being awarded to New Jersey military service members to use towards their post-secondary or master’s education. New Jersey Heroes will be able to award 10 worthy recipients this scholarship. New Jersey Heroes recognizes and celebrates the inspiring work being done by individuals and non-profit organizations across the Garden State to improve their communities and the lives of New Jersey residents.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria for Applicants:
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be a New Jersey resident.
- Must have received a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- Must have served in the military and submit documentation of military service (i.e. DD214, NGB22, etc). If applicant has been discharged from the military, must show proof of honorable discharge.
- Must submit a completed scholarship application form via email, mail, or online submission.
- Must enroll as a student at an accredited college/university or a vocational training school in the 2014-2015 school year (Fall or Spring Semester).
- Must demonstrate a commitment to volunteerism and community contribution, in the spirit of New Jersey Heroes.
- Application essays must be typed, double spaced, with size 12 font. Maximum 500 word count per essay.
- Application Deadline is Friday, August 1, 2014.
- This Heart of a Hero Scholarship is to only be used for post-secondary or master’s program tuition, fees, or books. The scholarship check will be made payable directly to the university of the recipient.
- Applicants must fully complete the application form either online at the New Jersey Heroes website: http://newjerseyheroes.org (Click on ‘Scholarship Application’ button) by no later than 5:00pm on Friday, August 1, 2014 or submit an application via US Mail postmarked no later than August 1, 2014 and mailed to NJ Heroes, P.O. Box 95, Mendham, NJ 07945-0095.
- The New Jersey Heroes Scholarship Selection Committee will review and evaluate all scholarship applications and choose the appropriate recipients.
- Recipients of the scholarships will be notified in late August.